At long last, a new fourfour mix. This one's theme is my favorite dance tracks of '07 -- since the last mix I made went up about a year ago (which I can't fucking believe, like really, what is wrong with me?), I had a massive pool to choose from. And because of that, if this sucks, it sucks tragically.
But I don't think it does. I've been working out to it as I've been revising it and I think it's pretty hype.
Download: Love's Fucking Cheap
- Kylie Minogue - 2 Hearts (Studio Version)
- Studio - Self Service (Short Version)
- Imagination - Just an Illusion (Lindstrøm Vocal Mix)
- Baby Oliver - Shot Caller
- Kathy Diamond - I Need You
- Tracey Thorn - It's All True (DSE Dub)
- M.E. - R&B Drunkie
- Mr. Oizo - Patrick 122
- Lifelike - Discomachine (Original Mix)
- The Revolving Eyes - Far From Ice
- Felix Da Housecat - Like Something 4 Porno
- Sun La Shan - Catch (Disco Devil Remix)
- Kevin Saunderson - 'Til We Meet Again (Carl Craig Remix)
- Basement Jaxx - Make Me Sweat
- Spektrum - Kinda New (Dirty South 2007 Club Mix)
- The Gossip - Listen Up (Punks Jump Up Remix)
- The Chemical Brothers - The Salmon Dance (Crookers Wow Mix)
- Diddy featuring Christina Aguilera - Tell Me (Switch Remix)
- Nine Inch Nails - Capital G (Phones 666 RPM Mix)
- Boys Noize - Don't Believe the Hype (Surkin Second Remix)
- Just Jack - Glory Days (Switch Remix)
- Jamie Anderson and Jesse Rose - Jack Your Body/Body Jackin'
- Rework - Love Love Love Yeah
- Leroy and the Black Diaspora - Be Somebody
- J.T.C. - Take 'em Off
- Motor - Bleep #1 (Extended Version)
- Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' (Jori Hulkkonen Remix)
- Marc Romboy vs. Chelonis R. Jones - Helen Cornell (Stefan Goldmann Macro Version)
- Róisín Murphy - Overpowered (Herve and Róisín in the Secret Garden)
- Baby Oliver - Feelings 2
- Jupiter Black featuring Fred Ventura - Hold Me
Not much further insight to report -- I've been working on this thing forEVER (just a week and a half or so, really), and I'm done. It's roughly organized by subgenre and it gets kinda rough from Track 18 through 25, but I find that energizing. Also, I wish that Beth Ditto would just quit the rock thing all together and become the disco diva she was clearly born to be.
A track that I couldn't include because it didn't make sonic sense is Peter Visti's edit of Dolly Parton's "Jolene" (technically, it's not an edit, but a remix since he beefs up the kick and transforms the song into a full disco stomp). If you don't have it or haven't heard it or whatever, here: Happy early Three Kings' Day.
I also included both tracks of my favorite 12" of the year, Baby Oliver's "Feelings 2 / Shot Caller." Because of my eternal support of all of Environ Records' endeavors, I'm including a link to buy the full tracks at iTunes. If you are so inclined, click here.
I have a much more pop-oriented mix on the way that kinda-sorta wraps up 2007. I did it for another site, though. From what I understand, it'll be posted next week. I'll give you the heads-up when it is. Until then, burn all the calories off your New Year's resolution to this.
[Image source, oddly enough.]